1. When will the admission of documents be started? Date & duration?
The admission of documents will be started on the 2nd of May and ended on the 15th of July 2016.
2. What are the academic programmes offered this year?
University of Sunderland, UK
BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
BA (Hons) Business and Management
BA (Hons) Business and Financial Management
BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management
Bangor University, UK
BSc (Hons) in International Tourism and Hospitality Management
BSc (Hons) in Applied Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management
BSc (Hons) in Banking and Finance
BSc (Hons) in Industrial Management
BSc (Hons) in Business and Economics
BSc (Hons) in Finance, Investment and Risk
University of Sunderland, UK
Master of Business Administration - Finance
Master of Business Administration - Marketing
Master of Business Administration - Hospitality Management
3. Can applicant be admitted directly into the Year One if he /she has good grades and IELTS 6.0 or above, but haven’t completed the Foundation Year before at any universities?
Direct admission into Year One of the Degree programme will only be possible for students who have completed at least the Foundation Year/ Year One/ Year Two from accredited higher educational Institution and have the IELTS band score 6.0 or equivalent qualification.
4. When will be held MDIS Tashkent Entrance Exam?
Applicants who do not hold IELTS certificates may choose to register for the MDIST English Entrance Test, which will be held from 27 th to 29th of July 2016 (NB. Dates are subject to change by MDIS).
5. If the applicant possess the certificate of IELTS with the band score 5.5 and is ready to pay the contract tuition fee, can he/she study at MDIS Tashkent or he /she should take an additional exam?
Applicants must meet minimum English language requirement for overall score in the following tests accepted by MDIS: IELTS overall band is 5.5.
Meeting above minimum entry requirements does not guarantee that the applicant will be given an offer to study at MDIS Tashkent, as preference is given to applicants with higher results in English language proficiency tests. To improve the chances applicant can opt for MDIST English entrance Test at MDIS Tashkent.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis by MDIS, who will decide whether or not to make an unconditional offer or whether to hold the application to be considered as part of a waiting list of applications.
Applications which are held as part of a waiting list shall be considered together with the applicants who shall sit for MDIST English Entrance Test.
6. How many students will be enrolled this year?
Target number of intake for 2016-2017 academic years is estimated at 700 students.
7. If the certificate of IELTS has an expiry date in the month of August can the applicant still apply for admission with the existing certificate or the new certificate will be required?
The valid IELTS Certificate submitted to the Admission Committee must be valid on the date of submission. Therefore, there will not be a need for provision of a new IELTS Certificate.
8. How can an applicant enter MDIS Tashkent if he/she hasn’t got any Certificate of English Proficiency?
Applicants, who do not possess a Certificate of English Proficiency such as IELTS, can register for the free MDIST English entrance test at MDIS Tashkent.
9. Does an applicant have to take any other examinations besides English Proficiency Examination?
Applicants are required to take only MDIST English entrance test determining the proficiency level of English based on their listening, writing, reading and speaking skills. No examinations other than English are required.
10. How many attempts are allowed to take the MDIST English entrance test?
Applicants can take MDIST English entrance test only once a year (27th to 29th of July 2016).
11. In the event applicant's MDIST English entrance test result is low, can applicant retake the examination?
The MDIST English entrance test can be taken ONLY once a year.
12. Can an applicant register for an MDIST English entrance test possessing the minimum required IELTS score to improve their results?
Applicants will not be allowed to register for an MDIST English entrance test in the case of possessing the minimum required IELTS. MDIST English entrance test is not provided for improving of results. However, if an applicant decides to take the MDIST English entrance test, he/she should not submit the IELTS certificate. An applicant is to take responsibility and go for entrance test, since in the case of failure no other chance will be given and their Certificate (IELTS) will not be accepted.
13. Who will check the MDIST English entrance test question papers?
All Examination Question Papers are checked by the Examination Board of the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS).
14. Will the admission committee members consist of only local members?
Admission committee is composed of MDIS (Singapore) and MDIS Tashkent management team.
15. Do you have Grant? How many educational grants will be offered for the Academic Year 2016-2017?
MDIS Tashkent does not have and do not offer Grants.
16. What documents are required for admission into MDIS Tashkent?
The following documents are required for admission:
Required documents for admission:
a. IELTS certificate
b. Original or attested copy of the certificate of the General Education from a Secondary School, Academic Lyceum or Professional College (for Foundation Year and Direct entry to Year 1)
c. Original or attested copy of the transcripts
d. Original or attested copy of Foundation certificate or student's record book from a recognized institution in Uzbekistan (for direct entry to Year 1)
e. Original or attested copy of Bachelor's degree certificate along with CV for MBA applicants need to be submitted with minimum 6 months of work experience certificate
f. Other required list of documents as in accordance with legislative requirements of the Republic of Uzbekistan (medical certificate, photocopy of military recruit registration card, etc.)
g. Documents listed in points b, c, d and e must be accompanied with certified translation into English
h. MDIS Tashkent application forms
i. Partner universities application forms for Bachelors/MBA degree entry
17. Is it necessary to bring original documents or copies will be enough?
Students who are matriculated and pass the Entry requirement must submit all required original documents before receiving the contract with MDIS Tashkent.
18. Should the documents be translated into English and certified?
Yes, all the documents such as attested copies of secondary education or diploma from secondary and professional school, attested copies of diploma of higher education including all transcripts should be translated into English and notarized unless the documents are originally in English.
19. Can students who finished Foundation or First Year at MDIS Tashkent be enrolled into other universities without sacrificing a year?
Students who finished the Foundation or First Year of MDIS Tashkent can be enrolled at the discretion of admitting university.
20. If the students of MDIS Tashkent want to withdraw after completing Foundation or Year One and apply for other university will they be given any certificate on completion of these modules?
Students who finished the Foundation or Year One of MDIS Tashkent can apply for other universities. Candidates who successfully complete all the modules from Year One and wish to withdraw will be awarded the Undergraduate Certificate of Higher Education depending on the policy of Partner Universities. Similarly for those who successfully finish their Year Two modules and wish to withdraw, they will be given Undergraduate Diploma of Higher Education depending on the policy of Partner Universities.
21. Can applicants find a sponsor on their own to study on contract basis?
Yes, applicants can find the sponsor on their own.
22. Can a student who studies on grant basis at another university of the Republic of Uzbekistan apply for the Year One at MDIS Tashkent?
The student will be enrolled to the Year One at MDIS Tashkent on contract basis. All the issues concerning his/her grant at the previous university student must settle himself/herself and provide the written confirmation to the Admission Committee of MDIS Tashkent.
23. Can an applicant submit the required documents to Foundation Programme after completion of Year Two of Academic Lyceum?
A General Education Certificate of Completion (11years compulsory education) or diploma of Academic Lyceum/Vocational College is a must for enrolment to Foundation Year studies.
Minimum entry requirements for 2016/17 admissions set by MDIS (Republic of Singapore) are as follows:
a) Applicants must have completed Secondary Education with aggregate average score in the subjects/disciplines not less than 4.0 and with minimum score of 4 on Mathematics discipline either from:
i. a Secondary School (11 years of compulsory education) or
ii. an Academic Lyceum or Professional College (12 years of compulsory education).
b) Applicants must meet minimum English language requirement with overall band of 5.5 in IELTS;
c) Applicants who do not hold IELTS certificates need to take MDIS Tashkent English Entrance Test with overall band of 5.5;
d) Deadline for application submission is 15th July 2016, 5pm.
24. When will be released results of MDIS Tashkent English Entrance Test?
The Results of MDIS Tashkent English Entrance test will be announced on the website by end of August 2016.
25. What is IELTS examination?
The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS, is an international standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers. It is jointly managed by Cambridge English Language Assessment and the British Council .
26. Do you have Masters programmes?
MDIS Tashkent offers Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes.
MBA: Finance, MBA: Marketing and a new one MBA: Hospitality Management.
27. What are the entry requirements for MBA programme?
- Applicants are required to have a UK equivalent Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with a GPA of 2.5 or UK2:2.
- Must have obtained an overall score of 6.0 in IELTS or the MDIS Tashkent English Entrance Test, with each band not less than 5.5. [NB: MBA applicants who hold valid IELTS certificate with required score can apply until the 30th September 2016, 5pm]
- English requirement can be waived subject to university approval for MBA applicants who possess one of the following:
- Degree awarded by an approved international university in Tashkent or MDIS Tashkent's Partner University with a medium of instruction letter provided;
- Degree awarded by an approved university in United Kingdom;
- Degree awarded by an approved university in non-English speaking countries where the whole program was taught and assessed in the English Language, will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, with a medium of instruction letter provided.
- Applicant must provide a Curriculum vitae/Resume with employment letter with a minimum of six (6) months of relevant professional and/or managerial experience for University of Sunderland (UOS) MBA application. Where applicant does not specifically meet the academic level, applicant will be considered on a case by case basis where he/she can demonstrate advanced work experience of 5 years or more in a professional or managerial position.
- For all UOS degree programmes, applicants should apply via UOS online portal and upload the full notarized education documents in English translation if they are in other languages (Uzbek/Russian etc.).
- All applications are subject to University approval.
- Deadline for application submission 30th September 2016, 5pm
28. Accreditation issue
Awards issued upon completion of the academic programmes are recognized internationally and by the Ministry of Higher & Secondary Specialized Education, Republic of Uzbekistan.
29. Does MDIS Tashkent provide any privilege for the applicants studied abroad?
MDIS Tahskent does not provide any privilege for the applicants studied abroad