Dear Applicant read the following information carefully before applying to the program.
1. Foundation Year
2. Requirements to apply to the program
3. How to register online?
4. Contract issuance
1. Foundation Year
Foundation Year (FY) programme is the first year of education designed by MDIS (Singapore) for those applicants who graduated from a Secondary School (11 years of compulsory education) or an Academic Lyceum or Professional College (12 years of compulsory education) and wish to start their studies from the first year of study at MDIS Tashkent.
Foundation Year (FY) students will be provided with great opportunities to improve and advance their English language and Communication skills.
They will also acquire knowledge in Mathematics, Fundamentals of Information Technology and Introduction to Business Management. In addition, FY Students can expand their outlook by taking the classes such as Social Enlightenment. Foundation Year (FY) is a two-semester program, which starts in the middle of September annually.
Upon successful completion of Foundation Year, students can proceed to the following programs offered by UK universities (Bangor University and University of Sunderland) in MDIS Tashkent:
Bangor University programs:
- BSc (Hons) Banking & Finance
- BSc (Hons) Industrial Management
- BSc (Hons) International Business in Tourism and Hospitality
- BSc (Hons) Tourism & Hospitality: Management Leadership
- BSc (Hons) Business Economics
- BSc (Hons) Finance, Investment and Risk Management
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Information Systems for Business
University of Sunderland programs:
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business and Financial Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- BA (Hons) Fashion Product and Promotion
2. Requirements to apply to the programme
Online registration starts on April 1, 2020 and closes when the target number (1500) is reached (NB.: Dates are subject to change by MDIS).
Applicants who wish to apply to the Foundation Year must meet following minimum requirements:
- Applicants must have completed Secondary Education:
- Secondary School (11 years of compulsory education) or
- Academic Lyceum or Professional College (12 years of compulsory education);
- IELTS or MDIS English test scores must be 5.5 and above (regardless of the components score distribution)
3. How to register online?
MDIS Tashkent accepts applications online. After the deadline of admission, no other applications and documents will be accepted.
(Applicants who wish to register online at MDIS Tashkent campus may visit the institute right after the Covid-19 Quarantine is cancelled)
Applicants must fill in the electronic application in the English language at www.mdis.uz to register online which consists of:
1. Terms of agreement: Applicant must read and acknowledge the MDIS Tashkent Admission Committee rules and regulations before applying to the program.
2. Personal Information: Applicant must fill in the electronic application on his/her information and must upload required documents.
a) Name, Surname and Given Name;
b) Birth Day/Month/Year;
c) Passport details;
d) Permanent address;
e) Valid e-mail address;
f) Valid contact number (cell phone and home phone);
g) Passport (including permanent registration page of the passport) in
h) Photo (3.5X4.5 sized) in JPEG format.
3. Parents’ information: Applicant must fill in all required fields with the information of his/her parents and one contact person in emergency:
a) Full name of parents;
b) Permanent address;
c) Valid contact number (cell phone and home phone);
d) E-mail address (if available);
c) Emergency contact.
4. Education background: Applicant must fill in the electronic application about his/her education background and must upload required documents.
a) Diploma and transcripts with notarized translation into English;
b) type of educational school he/she graduated:
- secondary school.
4. Required documents
Applicants need to upload scanned copies of the following documents while registering online in PDF format:
Official letter to Rector (sample);
Passport (including permanent registration page of the passport) (sample);
Diploma and the transcripts with notarized translation into English (sample);
IELTS certificate (sample);
Photo (3.5X4.5 sized) in JPEG format (sample);
Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does NOT guarantee the place at MDIS Tashkent and MDIS Singapore.
Both educational institutions possess a right to enroll the candidates on the merit basis.
MDIS Tashkent offers the placement to candidates who possess IELTS/MDIS English Test score 6.0 and above at earlier stage of Admission until meeting the set target number (1500).
Candidates with overall score 5.5 IELTS/MDIS English Test will be offered placement upon available vacancies (if any).
Note: In boarder line cases (with competitors possessing equal overall scores), the first priority will be given to the candidate with higher average score in Diploma of Secondary Education.
The candidates must check the results of the selection on website www.mdis.uz by inserting their passport series and number.
Note: Results of the selection will not be sent to applicants through SMS or e-mail.
5. Contract issuance
Eligible Financial Status - Candidates must be financially credible to pay the tuition fee for their studies on the set payment schedule.
Contract issuance days will be announced at www.mdis.uz Applicants should collect the contract at MDIS Tashkent campus within the set schedule after the exam results are released. The due date for the payment of contract is within seven banking days from the day of issuance the contract. Applicant who fails to collect the contract or fails to make the payment within 7 banking days from the date of contract issuance in the amount of 50%, the contract becomes void and will not be reissued to the same applicant.
Applicants must submit original copies of the following documents to collect the contract:
- Official letter to Rector;
- 2 photocopies of passport (with permanent registration);
- Diploma and transcripts of the General Education from a Secondary School, Academic Lyceum or Professional College;
- MDIST application form (personal information form);
- IELTS certificate (original);
- Medical certificate (form №086);
- Photocopy of military recruit registration card (male applicants);
- 6 photos (3.5X4.5 sized).
7. Tuition Fee
The contract fee is fixed at level of 28, 800, 000 UZS (twenty-eight million eight hundred thousand) for the 2019-2020 academic year. Installment payments are available.
Note: At current, the fee is under revision.