MDIST Tourism Innovation & Co-learning Center and School of Language & Communication in cooperation with Jizzakh regional department of the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Tourism Development announce the start of a video contest for MDIS Tashkent Students.
Contestants shall submit a 2-3-minute video on “5 reasons to visit Jizzakh region” individually or as a team (up to 3 members).
How to Enter:
Entrants must submit a video (the “Entry”) to Ms. Tatyana (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of School of Language and Communication or Ms. Shakhnozakhon (room 219), Tourism Innovation & Co-learning Center, along with a short descriptive text of maximum of 1000 characters in English. The video and the descriptive text must be relevant to the thematic area.
- Find five reasons to visit the Jizzakh region;
- Provide general information on each of the reasons;
- If it is a place, where is it located? How to get there? /if it is food, how to cook it?
- Why do you think your ideas qualify as the Top 5 reasons?
- What kind of activities can be done there?
- Interesting facts about the place/food and historical background (if applicable);
- Useful tips related to visiting the destination.
1. Provide the video with the manuscript;
2. The video should last a maximum of 3 minutes;
3. Required language is English;
4. The video should not contain any speech, conversation, or voiceover. Only text is allowed to describe the place/food briefly;
5. Sound effects and music are allowed, as long as the participant has the right to use and disseminate them;
6. Participants should post their creative videos on “5 reasons to visit Jizzakh region” on their social media pages;
7. Participants should tag the place with an appropriate hashtag (i.e. #VisitUzbekistan #Jizzakhregion #TourismVideoContest2021 #MDIST).
1. Videos must either be in MOV or mp4 format;
2. English text (subtitles);
3. Video length (duration) - 2 to 3 minutes;
First place: One-day trip to Jizzakh region or valuable prize and the Certificate;
Second place: Valuable prize and the Certificate;
Third place: Souvenirs and the Certificate.
Submit your entries by April 23, 2021.