September 13-th the Round Table on “The sphere of service, tourism and hospitality: sustainable development and innovation” was held in MDIS Tashkent premises. The Round Table addressed such issues and topics as event tourism, gastronomic tourism, pilgrim tourism as a way of exploring the culture of the country, as well as, business tourism as an indicator of economic development level and the new approaches for the development of domestic and foreign tourism, the use of innovations and creating conditions for the development of youth tourism. During the Round Table, which was moderated by Dr Öğretim Üyesi Muhammet Erbay (Selçuk Üniversity, Faculty of Tourism Department of Gastronomy and Culinary Arts) and Dr. Deniza Alieva (MDIS Tashkent Researcher), the experts and guests of the session presented their reports and innovative solutions for the tourism sector. In addition, the representatives of the Association of Hoteliers of Uzbekistan and the State Committee for Tourism Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan took an active part in the discussion of the current tourism trends and issues.
Apart from the representatives of the State Committee of Tourism Development, the round table was also attended by participants from the following tertiary educational establishments:
- Sochi State University (Russia);
- Selçuk Üniversity (Turkey); - Kazakh Academy of Sport and Tourism (Kazakhstan);
- Kazakh Ablai khan University of International Relations and World Languages (Kazakhstan);
- Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University named after B.N. Yeltsin (Kyrgyzstan);
- The Kyrgyz Academy of Tourism (Kyrgyzstan);
- Tajik Slavonic University (Tajikistan);
- “Silk Road” International University of Tourism (Uzbekistan);
- Samarkand State Institute of Foreign Languages (Uzbekistan);
- Bukhara State University (Uzbekistan);
- Urgench State University (Uzbekistan).
MDIS Tashkent expresses its sincere gratitude to the esteemed guests and is looking forward to further cooperation.